[EM] Notes on a few Later-no-harm methods

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Sun May 22 13:24:37 PDT 2022

BSTV does not handle equal preferences ("ilections") on principle. I
just don't want to go there for the purpose of elections, (choosing-out).

BSTV handles both all preferences filled and missing rankings.

Help and Harm are both made possible to the Election count by the
Exclusion count, but they are based on the preference information, and
not on some assumption or guess about voters wishes. Thus a candidate
who does not land an exclusion quota is helped to consolidate the
election quota. Whereas an exclusion quota (with surplus exclusions)
will harm the candidates election prospects.

That 3-candidate example was rudimentary, as maybe was my assessment of it!

RL