[EM] Notes on a few Later-no-harm methods

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Sat May 21 12:38:47 PDT 2022

KM

BTW my ipad doesn't keep a lot of emails, including yours.

My apologies for not answering sooner (privilege of old age).

Your calculation criticism is perfectly fair. I think the best answer I
can give is that C is elected on over the quota. And that literally
No-one or Nemo is excluded, on an even larger exclusion quota.

If Binomial STV implementation progresses, there would no doubt be a
good many other second guesses -- it would be astonishing if there weren't.

My main interests are to see things like the effect of exponential decay
of preferences, in realistic elections, to assess  the balance of power
between election and exclusion counts. And to see how much significance
tests are needed on candidate proximity to the election quota, when that
candidate has not been excluded -- which is not the same as being elected.

Regards,

Richard Lung.