[EM] A couple of calculators available now

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Mon May 16 20:37:08 PDT 2022

They are calculators, but if you don't want to type in ballots you can hit the
"random scenario" button for demonstrations.

votingmethods.net/lnharm
This is the Later-no-harm method calculator. It implements 10 methods shown
side-by-side: FPP, IFPP, "runner-up exception" FPP, top-two runoff, IRV/STV, DSC,
Chain Runoff (aka QR), "MDD FPP," MMPO, and the LNHarm-compliant Borda
interpretation I mentioned. (Condorcet and Schwartz are shown as well.)

votingmethods.net/cce
This is entitled "Condorcet compromise checker," focusing on a concept called
"Condorcet compromise extension" or "CCE." The idea is to identify and avoid
outcomes that foreseeably produce compromise incentive. It's complicated to the
point that I felt it could only be introduced along with a calculator to solve
it...

I'm also working on an Approval strategy simulator, but I think it's going to be
a while before that's presentable.

Kevin