[EM] Improvement to Ranked Robin method

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Thu Mar 31 11:55:30 PDT 2022

Richard – there are two ways of using a Borda tiebreak, sometimes
written "Llull//Borda" and "Llull,Borda". It sounds like you understood
me to be attributing "Llull,Borda" to you while you were actually
advocating "Llull//Borda". (I have no idea which of these was Dasgupta
and Maskin’s preference – I don’t think they were clear.) Certainly
Llull//Borda reduces to a plurality choice between two tied candidates.
    Other tiebreaks (eg. minimax) can be used in the same two ways,
which is why a fairly general notation exists. I can't say I like it as
a notation, since it's far from self-explanatory.
       Colin