[EM] Later No Help? Better Late Than Never (was IRV Finisher DSV)

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sat Jun 18 10:30:26 PDT 2022

IRNR doesn't satisfy them. Consider that if you give fewer candidates the bottom rating,
you create more situations where higher-rated candidates would see a score reduction in
some round, due to rescaling. And it's not possible to say that only certain candidates
will ultimately be helped or hurt by this.

Kevin

Le samedi 18 juin 2022, 03:49:10 UTC−5, Kristofer Munsterhjelm <km_elmet at t-online.de> a écrit :
On 6/17/22 10:03 PM, Forest Simmons wrote:
> This IRV finisher is a partial fulfillment of the IRV (fake) promise of
> Reliable Later Help. We should call the method BLTN, Better Late Than
> Never (aka Bacon Lettuce Tomato Not)
>
> It tries to do what Kevin's Gradual Approval does, but too little too
> late ... still, better than nothing!

Speaking of the LNHs, does IRNR pass them? My first guess would be so,
but perhaps the change from Plurality to Range for the exclusion
mechanism changes things?

-km

----