[EM] IRV Finisher DSV

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 16 09:36:53 PDT 2022

With Forest's idea, the sense seems to be that the IRV winner can win as long as that
is somewhat reasonable. I.e. that there isn't some eliminated candidate who can defeat
all the final-round support for the IRV winner.

If the IRV winner will be considered below all cutoffs, it looks like we want the IRV
winner to be defeated if at all possible. That doesn't sound good from a monotonicity
standpoint.

That said, I'm not seeing how the two rules give a different treatment of the "Z>X>..."
ballot in that scenario, where X was the IRV winner and Z was the other finalist.

Kevin