[EM] Benham-DAC/DSC

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Sun Jun 12 04:38:46 PDT 2022

On 6/12/22 1:34 PM, Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote:
> Here's a modification to DAC and DSC inspired by Benham's method:
>
> Intersect coalition sets as in DAC and DSC. But before intersecting with
> a set, check if the current set contains a candidate who beats everybody
> else in it pairwise. If so, elect this candidate.

I guess I should clarify: Begin with S being the set of all candidates.
At each step, if there's a Condorcet winner among the candidates in S,
elect him. Let S_C be the solid/acquiescing coalition with the most
support that's not already been examined. If S intersect S_C is
non-empty, let S equal S_C. In any case mark S_C as examined, then repeat.

In other words, the "current set" that's to be checked for a CW limited
to its members is the set that's the result of all the prior
intersections, not the currently greatest-support unexamined coalition set.

-km