[EM] Asset-MMP

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Wed Jul 13 13:49:48 PDT 2022

On 13.07.2022 20:42, Richard Lung wrote:

> Kristofer,
>
> The short answer is:
>
> You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

I probably should not have responded as quickly as I did.

I think you're saying that however one may vary MMP, there's a
fundamental flaw about the basic idea that makes it unsuitable no matter
what.

But in that case, what is that fundamental flaw? Your reply suggests
that my variant still has it. Thus as I said (perhaps a bit too curtly),
it doesn't seem to be the reliance on Plurality (because my variant can
use STV), nor the party list component (because my variant doesn't have
it) or the weakness to decoy lists (because my variant doesn't have that
either). So what is that flaw?

Or to put it differently: how far can one modify MMP while it's still
subject to that fundamental flaw? At what point does it stop being MMP
or no longer has that flaw?

-km