[EM] Asset-MMP

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Wed Jul 13 11:42:09 PDT 2022

Kristofer,

The short answer is:

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

(I have already given you a long answer.)

With regard to single members and multi-members, I've already dealt with
this relation, in a post called "vote-count consistency" -- which nobody
has answered.

I regard single members as the least democratic and least stable form,
much to be avoided, which I wrote about in a post on "the monarchic
principle: too much power to one man."

I just unearthed a half-century old article review on William Douglass,
a former supreme court judge, accusing the president of acting like
George III.

HG Wells (who else) in his essay, The Disease of Parliaments, 1914, in
which he advocates and explains, at length, the Hare system, single
transferable vote, speculates America might produce a Caesar.

Regards,

Richard Lung.