[EM] Theorems to optimize Kemeny Young?

Richard, the VoteFair guy electionmethods at votefair.org
Mon Jan 31 17:49:41 PST 2022

Here's my code that implements the Condorcet-Kemeny method:

https://github.com/cpsolver/VoteFair-ranking-cpp/blob/master/votefair_ranking.cpp

The comments within the code explain the algorithms used.

The big picture is that if there are, say, 50 candidates, then a special
kind of insertion sort algorithm is done in a way that approximates the
Kemeny calculations, and then the top-ranked candidates -- the number of
which is specified as a constant, and which is (I believe) currently 7
-- are ranked using the full Kemeny calculations.

Richard Fobes
The VoteFair guy