[EM] Monotone method inspiration approach?

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 16:57:31 PST 2022

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 4:40 PM Kristofer Munsterhjelm <km_elmet at t-online.de>
wrote:

> These if-then clauses may be difficult to put into mathematical
> expression form, but I found this (which may seem a bit ugly at first):
>         f(A) = g(H(fpA - fpC) * H(fpB-fpC) * A>B,
>                  H(fpA - fpB) * H(fpC-fpB) * A>C)
>
> where H is the step function H(x) = 1 if x > 0, 0 otherwise,

Btw, if you want to make a plot of that, I recommend you replace the
Heavyside function with one that is equal to 0.5 when x is exactly 0.
Otherwise, when fpB == fpC you'll see f(A) suddenly crash to 0 for no
apparent reason and you'll be left scratching your head.

--
Dr. Daniel Carrera
Postdoctoral Research Associate