[EM] "we only get one shot" (Re: RCV Challenge)

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Thu Jan 6 14:30:48 PST 2022

On 06.01.2022 20:52, Richard Lung wrote:

> KM, Fair enough.
>
> Where a voting methods exclusion count rates on the scales of
> measurement should be some indication.
>
> I refer to the measurement scales given by SS Stevens, in the journal,
> Science: classificatory; ordinal; interval; ratio, in order of
> increasing power of measurement.

Okay, I think I see what you mean by different types of scales. But how
do I determine whether some election method that's provided to me (as an
algorithm) has an exclusion count at all? What does it mean for a method
to have an exclusion count?

(BTW, I know the classificatory scale as the nominal or categorical
scale. There are probably other names, too.)

-km