[EM] Oops, 2 fpA + fpB busted

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Tue Feb 15 05:56:40 PST 2022

Some time ago, I said that fpA-fpC could be rephrased in a more elegant
manner as simply:

A's score is the sum over other candidates B that he pairwise defeats,
of the function f(A,B) = 2 fpA + fpB.

But now I see that this formulation is not Condorcet. Consider the
limiting case of the LCR scenario that traditionally gives IRV such trouble:

2e: A>B>C
1/2-e: B>A>C
1/2-e: C>A>B.

Without loss of generality, I've set the total number of voters to 1,
and the weights are all real valued. Here for any arbitrarily small
epsilon > 0, A remains the Condorcet winner. However, the scores are: