[EM] Better than Condorcet?

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Sat Feb 5 10:02:31 PST 2022

Kristofer wrote: "The best VSE-wise method I know of is Sinkhorn, which
is not Condorcet either..." I added it to my big evaluation and found it
to be somewhat weaker than Borda.

The reason for expecting better from it is Warren D. Smith's own
evaluation in which the Borda count itself outperforms Condorcet
methods.[1] It appears that Smith's voting model is not spatial in the
conventional sense, but instead an unexplained multidimensional model in
which a dot product takes the place of distance; this model is outlined
in his "Range voting" paper of 2000. So the poor showing of the Sinkhorn
method in my own evaluation is not inconsistent with its good showing in
Smith's.

CJC

[1]. https://rangevoting.org/StratHonMix.html, brought to my notice by
Kristofer.