[EM] So I got an email... / IIA

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Mon Apr 11 06:09:27 PDT 2022

On 11.04.2022 10:48, Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote:

> Kevin Venzke's rule that also passes single-candidate DMTBR might be
> more well-behaved yet more complex still:
>
> Elect the CW if there is one, otherwise each candidate's score is the
> sum of that candidate's first preferences plus the first preferences of
> every candidate he beats. Elect the candidate with the highest score.

I mustn't have been properly awake. Kevin suggested the method where
each candidate's score is that candidate's first preferences minus the
first preferences of the candidate who beats that candidate and has the
most first preferences.

The sum variant suggestion was mine, and it is:

Elect the CW if there is one, otherwise each candidate's score is that
candidate's first preferences minus the sum of first preferences of
every candidate who beats him. Elect the candidate with the highest score.

-km