[EM] Improvement to Ranked Robin method

Richard, the VoteFair guy electionmethods at votefair.org
Thu Apr 7 14:46:20 PDT 2022

On 4/5/2022 9:03 PM, Forest Simmons wrote:
 > Recursion?  Who said recursion? Where did you get that impression?
 > Where is the recursion in ...
 >
 > ... elect the candidate that, on the fewest number of ballots,
 > is pairwise defeated by the ballot favorite ....

Forest, thank you for clarifying that your word "best" refers to "the
ballot favorite."

However, I still don't yet understand how the counting works.  How can
any ballot yield a defeat of the candidate who is ranked highest on that
ballot?

For example, suppose there is a ballot:

A > B > C

How would this one ballot be counted?

Specifically, who is "pairwise defeated by the ballot favorite"?

Thanks!

Richard Fobes
The VoteFair guy