[EM] Decloned Copeland Borda Hybrid

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 7 11:44:26 PDT 2022

Hi Forest,

I'm not sure if you're still pursuing this method but as I understand it I don't
think it's monotone.

0.394: B>C>A
0.366: A
0.151: C
0.087: A>B>C

A>B>C>A cycle. Effective last preferences are A, B, A, C. Then C wins.

Switch last faction to
0.087: A>C>B

Cycle remains. Effective last preferences are now A, B, B, B. This causes C to net
lose a few points, and A to gain a lot due to the increased relevance of the A>B
contest, so that A wins.

The mechanism also doesn't seem to ensure majority favorite, but maybe you know that.

I do think the "anti-favorite" concept is interesting.

Kevin