[EM] decloned Copeland

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 1 22:49:35 PDT 2022

Hi Forest,

Le vendredi 1 avril 2022, 20:24:25 UTC−5, Forest Simmons <forest.simmons21 at gmail.com> a écrit :
> Here are two versions of decloned Copeland that are not prone to ties:
>
> 1.Elect the candidate that, on the greatest number of ballots, pairwise defeats the candidate designated "worst."
>
> That is the burial resistant version of decloned Copeland.
>
> The other version, that may be more appealing to some people, is this:
>
> 2. Elect the candidate that, on the fewest number of ballots, is pairwise defeated by the candidate designated "best."
>
> Both of these methods are monotonic, clone free, and "Round Robin Efficient."

I think I prefer the second one because, if I understand you, the first one doesn't
make sense with truncation.

I'm not sure if I have it correct since I'm having a monotonicity issue. Could you
solve these two elections:

0.333: C>A
0.243: B
0.202: A>B>C>D
0.140: D
0.079: A>C>D>B --> C>A>D>B

It's an A>B>C>A cycle, and D loses to everyone.
The .079 vote change doesn't affect any defeats.

I think C wins and then B wins. What do you think?

Kevin