[EM] Can anyone help with straight-ahead Condorcet language?

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Tue Sep 21 16:15:51 PDT 2021

On 9/21/21 8:07 PM, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> You can just say "by the most ballots". If you really want to push it,
> then "by the greatest number of ballots".
>
> On an unrelated note, there is a Copeland-like version that is (I
> think) Smith efficient:

[snip]

That's right, because the Copeland set is a subset of the Smith set
(actually, even a subset of the uncovered set), so choosing a candidate
from that set must be Smith-efficient.

However, every Copeland method of this form fails clone independence
because the Copeland set as a whole fails it. (It might also be the
case, though implausible, that there are multiple candidates with the
same number of first preferences, or even with zero).

-km