[EM] Universal Domain

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 07:29:41 PDT 2021

Excellent points and clarifications, Kristofer!

It is instructive to see how close the UD compliant FIASM comes to
resolving the dilemma ballot set we were talking about.

49 C
26 A>B
25 B

FIA's for A, B, and C, respectively are 26, 38, and 49. Candidate B's score
is closer to C's than to A's, so the list becomes
B>C>A with B's chicken gambit rewarded.  However, one A>B voter truncating
B, moves B's score closer to A's resulting in the final order C>A>B.

If the faction sizes were 48 C, 28 A>B, and 24 B, the respective FIA scores
would be 28, 38, and 48, with B exactly halfway between A and C.

One A>B voter could tip the scale in favor of B or C by changing to A=B or
by truncating B, respectively. This shows that FIASM is as close as
possible to resolving the dilemma without violating Universal Domain.  Pity
it cannot effectively satisfy clone dependence while clones straddle the
boundaries demarcating the three fractional approval zones ... which is one
important way to discern ranks within individual clone sets. Explicit
approvals would resolve that annoyance, but only by sacrificing Universal
Domain.