[EM] Binomial stv trials

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Tue Oct 26 11:46:52 PDT 2021

Calling all clubs or societies,

This voting method looks like ordinary ranked choice. But it isn't.
Suppose there are 10 candidates seeking 5 seats. Your first choice counts the most to elect a candidate.  But your 10th choice counts the most to exclude a candidate. Your 5th choice helps a bit to elect a candidate. Your 6th choice helps a bit to exclude a candidate.
You can leave any preference blank. Leaving them all blank is the same as NOTA.
Because this system empowers to elect and also exclude, it is called Binomial STV (Single Transferable Vote).
I hope you will read my two free Smashwords booklets. The latest is "Elect and Exclude. BInomial STV hand count basics.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1111349

No doubt, my explanations take too much for granted, but I can answer questions, and help, if needed. Also, if you complete a binomial count,  please send the working for the count, with the result.

Regards,
Richard Lung.