[EM] Does anyone know who this person is?

Richard, the VoteFair guy electionmethods at votefair.org
Sun Oct 24 17:50:58 PDT 2021

I don't know who the person is. As someone else just pointed out, the
person's identity is not the issue.

Regarding the issues ...

On Reddit I saw the reference to the "Tactical Voting Basics" article
and skimmed it.  That was some days ago so I skimmed parts of it again.

It contains some odd claims.

It refers to a webpage written by Warren Smith that I've seen before,
and that webpage is flawed, so of course the claim that Condorcet
methods are vulnerable to tactical voting is flawed. Specifically there
is a lack meaningful evidence based on clear reasoning.

The fact that the article begins by referring to random ballots is a big
clue that the person does not understand tactical voting in the way that
most people use the term.

Sigh, I see misleading information on all three websites: Election
Science, STAR/Equal Vote, and FairVote.

I do not support Robert's use of inappropriate language. But I do agree
there is lots of propaganda being presented on Reddit that is not backed
up by a clear understanding of the "basics" of election-method reform.
And I do see that lots of it is coming from fans of "cardinal" voting
methods. Yet I don't see that support clearly expressed here on this forum.

Richard Fobes
The VoteFair guy