[EM] For Better or for Worse ... an MJ variant

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 17:28:01 PDT 2021

I have a simpler approach to MJ that makes resolution of ties easier to
describe ... coming soon.

Preview ... a Judgment of a candidate is an ordered set [s(1), s(2), ...
s(k)] for some ordinal k, where each s(i) is in the set S = {Worse,
neutral, Better}, which we use interchangeably with the set of signs, {-,
0, +}, when convenient.

So our MJ method converts finite sets of Judgments of each candidate into
Majority Judgments of each candidate, which can then be used to obtain a
complete social order (once ties are broken appropriately) satisfying
Reverse Symmetry.

Importantly, the input judgments and the output majority judgments are of
the same type ... members of {S^m | m is an ordinal number}, in conformity
with the basic social choice amalgamation goal.

To be continued .
.

FWS