[EM] Three forms of reversal symmetry, and an LIIA implication

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 20:58:54 PST 2021

If I am not mistaken, here's a way to modify any type one method to confer
type three reverse symmetry:

For any ballot set S Let F1 be the finish order for the base method applied
to S. Let F2 be the finish order for the base method applied to the set of
reversed ballots S'.

Now pairwise sort F1, F2, and their reverse orders with the same bubble
sort algorithm. Of these four beatpaths, let F be the strongest, i.e. the
one whose weakest pairwise margin is the greatest in absolute value.

Then F and its reversal F' have the same strength.  Whichever of these two
orders makes the most sense as a finish order for S is the new finish order
... the other one will then turn out to be the new finish order for S'.

Whether for ballot set S or S' the same four beatpaths will result .... so
the set {F, F'} will also be the same. It's a simple matter to check which
is a beatpath for the "forward" ballots and which for the reverse.

Make sense?