[EM] Yee diagrams (was Re: robla's weekly hangout: 2pm-4pm PDT/PST on Tuesdays)

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Thu Nov 11 13:47:39 PST 2021

Mr Rob,

Supposition about the supporters of the Hare system is not science. I can easily substantiate the independent inventors of proportional representation, Thomas Hare and Carl Andrae. Their method the proportional count of the preference vote is based on the foundation of our civilisation, in the sciences and the arts, namely order and proportion.
To be more specific, it conforms to the work of S. S. Stevens, in Science, in the 1940s, on the scales of measurement, including the ordinal scale and the ratio scale, conspicuous by their absence in so many dud voting methods, not entirely absented from this mailing list.

Regards,
Richard Lung.

On 11 Nov 2021, at 9:19 pm, Rob Lanphier <roblan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 11:35 AM KenB <kdbearman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any rigorous peer-reviewed research showing the validity of Yee
> diagrams and the conclusions about them?

I'm not sure.  What (in your mind) would be the competing hypothesis?
How would one invalidate the intuitions drawn from a two-dimensional
projection of voter preferences?

Rob
----