[EM] Improved Instant Pairwise Elimination

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Fri Jul 9 14:18:34 PDT 2021

On 09.07.2021 23:02, Susan Simmons wrote:

> Very good point, Richard, these loser-elimination methods are just
> stop-gap methods that might be a stepping stone to something better ...
> we shall see.

Sometimes it's the only way we know how to get certain properties (like
Condorcet and DMTBR), but I suspect that just means that the theory is
lacking.

The manipulability integer programs suggest that a monotone
strategy-resistant method exists. But I have no idea how to actually
construct one, because the strong monotonicity requirements for
something like Benham are way too strong - as are the DMTBR ones.

-km