[EM] "Independence of cycles" and a possible new method.

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Sun Dec 12 08:35:00 PST 2021

Is "independence of cycles" not the same as Saari's "neutral Condorcet
requirement"? (mentioned in Risse's paper "Why the Count de Borda cannot
beat the Marquis de Condorcet"). The matter is discussed in Pacuit's
Stanford Encyclopedia article. He refers to ballots "cancelling
properly" and mentions a proof that "there is no Condorcet consistent
voting method that cancels properly".

CJC