[EM] Score Sorted Margins + Sequential Monroe Voting (python code)

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Fri Jun 5 18:41:48 PDT 2020

Hi Ted,

This looks really interesting.  I haven't (yet) followed the details
of all of this, but I *may* dig into this at some point.

BTW, you have a typo in the URL to the Github repo you cited (with
ssmpr.py in it)  The correct URL:
https://github.com/dodecatheon/approval-sorted-margins/

At *some* point, I would love to build a language-agnostic test suite
for election methods. I'm pretty comfortable with Python, but I also
have dreams of reviving Electowidget in Lua and hosting it on
electowiki.org (and I have many ideas I could keep writing about here
but I'll try not to threadjack).

Ted, I think there's an email that you sent a year or so ago that I
*meant* to respond to.  My backlog of emails and wiki edits and forum
postings that I want to make is pretty long.  I hope you get traction
with ^that approval-sorted-margins project.  Like I said: interesting.

Rob