[EM] Arrow's theorem and cardinal voting systems

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Thu Jan 16 10:25:40 PST 2020

This is obviously a very learned summary that would require considerable
study to do justice to, much more than my old head is capable of, quite
apart from severe personal distresses, that have been over-whelming our
lives.
Yet, just the other day, after a half century of amateur study, to my
surprise, my naive physicists mathematical text crawled across the
finishing line of publication. Only the last chapter is of direct
interest to electoral mathematicians. It contains an explanation of how
to conduct a two-dimensional election: FAB STV 2D.
The two dimensions are Representation and Arbitration. The latter graphs
at 90 degrees (neutrally) to the former, and the count is conducted
without disturbing the normal one-dimensional count that is FAB STV. But
taken together as a complex variable the count is according to the rules
of complex variables.

from
Richard Lung.