[EM] Best Ranked Preference Deterministic Method?

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Tue Dec 22 18:21:22 PST 2020

I'm not familiar with Stensholt, but here's my attempted proof of
mono-raise:

Raise the winner W on ballot B. Then W pairwise beats or ties a superset of
the same candidates as before, so its score does not decrease.

Suppose some other candidate W' increases it's score without W also
increasing its score. This can only happen if W (by moving to top) becomes
the only top ranked candidate on B that does not beat W' and is not itself
beaten by every other top ranked candidate on B ...

I suppose that is possible ...

Is there a simple fix?