[EM] The IRV-Disease has reached my town.

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Tue Mar 5 10:39:46 PST 2019

The late Dr David Hill invented an STV-Condorcet hybrid called
Sequential STV, which uses Condorcet pairing to alleviate premature
exclusion of candidates. Tho, this version of STV is still
non-monotonic. (FAB STV is monotonic.) David Hill's great great great
grandfather (if that's the right number of greats) was Thomas Wright
Hill the first known inventor of the prototype of the single
transferable vote, or the quota-preferential method, as the Australians
call it. This year 2019 is its bi-centenary. (More information on the
STV Action site of Anthony Tufffin, who promised his friend David, to
commemorate the occasion.)

from Richard Lung.