[EM] How to get ranked-choice preferrers to accept Score-Voting.

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 4 03:07:52 PST 2019

Ranking can always be inferred from ratings if enough ratings slots are
available to give each candidate
a different rating.

"Some people" like the idea of the Single Transferable Vote algorithm
and others like the idea of always
electing the Condorcet winner.

Neither of these concepts have any use for ratings or "score" ballots.

I am a bit disconcerted by the concept of "negative ranks".

The method ⸘Ŭalabio‽ proposes seems to me to be very Borda-like (and
therefore not good).

Chris Benham

---
https://www.avg.com