[EM] How to get ranked-choice preferrers to accept Score-Voting.

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at MacOSX.Com
Sun Mar 3 11:48:11 PST 2019

	⸘Howdy‽

	For some reason, some prefer ranked ballots over scored ballots.  I say we give to them what they want:

I:
	"So you want to rank.  Well now, I can give to you ranking not just with positive values but negative ranks as well."

Ranked Voter:
	“⸘I can express extreme displeasure without burying the evil candidate under zillions of donkey-votes‽

I:
	“¡Yes!”

Ranked Voter:
	“¿How?”

I:
	“Let us suppose that you rank Thus:”

Mary:
	“+1”

Ed:
	“+2”

Carl:

	“-2”

Sylvester:
	“-1”

	“We count those as 1 over your rank:

Mary:
	“1/+1”

Ed:
	“1/+2”

Carl:

	“1/-2”

Sylvester:
	“1/-1”

	“For making counting easy, we use 2520, the least common multiple of all counting numbers unto 9, and multiply it by your score:

Mary:
	“+2520”

Ed:
	“+1260”

Carl:

	“-1260”

Sylvester:
	“-1520”

	"We simply sum the votes."

	“The full range of absolute values are thus:”

	2520
	1260
	0840
	0630
	0504
	0420
	0360
	0315
	0280

	¿What is your opinion about uniting score/rank-voting thus?

	¡Peace!

--

	“⸘Ŭalabio‽” <Walabio at MacOSX.Com>

Skype:
	Walabio

An IntactWiki:
	http://intactwiki.org

	“You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.”
	——
	Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan