[EM] PJ

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Wed Jun 26 11:11:21 PDT 2019

Here's the simplest version of PJ:

Voters submit approval ballots with favorite identified, and with a number
between zero and 100 percent as their estimate of what degree of consensus
is reasonably possible, the consensus potential estimate (CPE)

After the approvals have been tallied, a ballot is drawn at random.

If the approval winner's approval percentage is greater than both the
median of all the consensus potential estimates, as well as the CPE on the
drawn ballot, then the approval winner is elected.

Otherwise the ballot favorite is elected.