[EM] High Resolution Inferred Approval version of ASM

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 24 07:58:21 PDT 2019

Richard L,

Can you please expand a bit on the meaning and relevance of your
profound observation?

What is your working definition of a "points system"??? (I can perhaps
guess from your reference to the Borda method.)

How is your reference to some variants of the multi-winner?? Single
Transferable Vote algorithm relevant to the discussion of a
single-winner method?

Chris Benham

On 23/06/2019 11:54 pm, Richard Lung wrote:
> Points systems (Borda method is the archetype) are an assumed
> weighting of preferences. Gregory method transfer value or Meek method
> keep values are a real weighting of preferences.
>
> Richard L.
>
> On 20/06/2019 21:03, Forest Simmons wrote:
>> Chris, I like it especially the part about naive voters voting
>> sincerely being at no appreciable disadvantage while resisting burial
>> and complying with?? the CD criterion.
>>
>> From your experience in Australia where full rankings are required
>> (as I understand it) what do you think about the practicality of
>> rating on a scale of zero to 99, as compared with ranking a long list
>> of candidates??? Is it a big obstacle?
>>
>> ----
>

> ----

---