[EM] mproved Copeland

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Thu Jun 6 14:32:06 PDT 2019

I forgot to mention that the method is efficiently summable over precincts:

Make a pairwise matrix where the off diagonal elements give the information
for pairwise defeats, and the diagonal elements keep track of the first
place totals.

In particular, if a certain ballot ranks the first three candidates equal
top, then that ballot adds the fraction 1/3 to each of the first three
diagonal elements of the summary matrix.