[EM] Modified Overall Preferences / margins, Smith set

C.Benham cbenham at adam.com.au
Mon Jul 8 22:25:02 PDT 2019

Juho,

"Approval Margins" refers either to Smith//MinMax or River or Schulze or
Ranked Pairs on
ballots where voters can indicate an approval cutoff (default is all
above-bottom candidates
approved) using the margins between the approval scores as the measure
of "defeat strength",
or to the Approval-Sorted Margins method.

They are all very similar to each other and always give the same result
when there are three
candidates.

https://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/Approval_Sorted_Margins

More later.