[EM] Introducing Pivot

Carl Schroedl carlschroedl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:10:08 PST 2019

Thanks Kristofer! I hadn't considered developing distinct structures for
relative and absolute scenarios. I have updated the GitHub repo to attempt
to match your proposed structure. How does it look to you?

Since I'm a programmer, and not a social choice theory expert, I'm
confident I'll get something about this wrong, if not now then later :) I'm
happy to continue hashing it out over email. If you or other list members
would like to be a little more hands-on about it, GitHub is a great
platform to collaborate, and not just for code -- people even collaborate
on Washington DC's laws via GitHub
<https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/11/how-i-changed-the-law-with-a-github-pull-request/>.
If you sign up for a free account, you can make a copy of the existing
repository, and make changes to match what you are thinking. Once you are
happy with it, you can propose merging the changes back into the Pivot
Libre organization's repository.

There's a couple of good tutorials here:
https://guides.github.com/activities/hello-world/
https://guides.github.com/activities/forking/

Let me know what you think!

--