[EM] approval cutoff ballot possibilities

Ted Stern dodecatheon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 12:35:20 PDT 2019

After receiving some private comments, and discussion with other friend
groups, the 6 slot method appears to be the most popular.

Proposal:

A B C = approved; A = most-approved, B = moderately approved, C = slightly
approved
D E F = not approved; D = slightly not-approved, E = moderately
not-approved, F = most not-approved

Should there be a Neutral or No preference option?  If so, and a candidate
is given such a selection on a ballot, it seems like the appropriate way to
count that would be to not include that candidate in pairwise or approval
counts for that ballot.

One friend suggested the following emoji method of denoting the
rating/ranking.  In case it doesn't show in your browser, the grades A
through F are displayed as Very happy to Very sad face emojis.