[EM] Comprehensive, simplest, and most informative Indicative Voting

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Mon Apr 1 13:21:11 PDT 2019

It seems to me that you are ignoring the inherent pressure to vote tactically.  If the voter scores their second choice too high (any higher than zero), they will be helping to defeat their first choice with their second choice.  If they score their second choice too low
(any lower than 99), they are helping their least favorite candidate possibly defeat their contingency choice.
**only** with Ranked-Choice Voting (but heaven forbid it be Instant Runoff Voting) is the voter not faced with this tactical decision the moment they enter the voting
booth.

r b-j                         rbj at audioimagination.com