[EM] smith/schwartz/landau

Curt accounts at museworld.com
Thu Mar 8 20:35:53 PST 2018

The wiki page https://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/Maximal_elements_algorithms <https://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/Maximal_elements_algorithms> confused me because it says (as you paraphrased) “X beats Y pairwise for the Schwartz set, X beat or ties Y pairwise for the Smith Set”.

Isn’t that backwards? I thought the Smith set was the smallest set of candidates who all *defeat* candidates outside of the set (as wikipedia says), while Schwartz set was the one that allowed ties.