[EM] Instant pairwise bracket

Andy Jennings elections at jenningsstory.com
Mon Dec 3 13:58:56 PST 2018

I have wondered about an instant pairwise bracket before.  What if you
simulated all possible brackets and selected the candidate that won the
most?  Does that turn out to be equivalent to Copeland or some other
Condorcet variant?

With 16 candidates, there would be 16!/2^15 = 638 million brackets to
simulate.
With 32 candidates, there are 32!/2^31 = approx 10^26 or 2^86 brackets

Borderline untractable?