[EM] Participation criterion and Condorcet rules

Markus Schulze markus.schulze8 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 02:42:56 PDT 2018

Hallo,

 > I suspect that a Condorcet method exists (e.g. any ISDA method)
 > which can only fail participation when the winner is not the
 > first Smith-set candidate ranked on the ballot.

Woodall's mono-add-top criterion says that adding ballots,
each with candidate A strictly preferred to every other candidate,
must not change the winner from candidate A to some other candidate.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no election method that
has been proven to satisfy the Smith criterion and mono-add-top.

Markus Schulze