[EM] Voter satisfaction measure in a general case?

Magosányi Árpád m4gw4s at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 04:44:22 PDT 2017

Thanks for the good inputs.I try to summarize here

proposed methods:

- set up some kind of utility generator that produces ratings style votes,
and then randomly sample elections from this utility generator.
- use previous rated votes similarly to the utility generator above
- ask for ratings

I also thought about asking about perceived closeness of alternatives

The reason for asking was to figure out a way to show voter satisfaction
measure with vote results, in a general voting application.
Directions towards solutions I see:
- utility generators and previous similar votes seems to be too complex for
the task
- optionally asking rates from voters (maybe asking them to put the choices
on a two-dimensional field, along with their own position) and use that as
the basis of the utility function is an interesting idea maybe worth
exploring
- leaving the choice of an appropriate utility function form to the user
when voter satisfaction is measured is the easiest