[EM] Help me find a plaintiff for a court to rule that IRV is better than the one-choice system

Sennet Williams sennetwilliams at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 12:45:56 PDT 2017

Goal:  When a court officially rules that IRV is better than single-choice one-winner IRV elections, it will make national news for election modernization.
(this subject has nothing to do with various proportional and weighted voted systems that are not legal for U.S. elections anyway)
Here is the opportunity:  A few states (10?) have recently made it legal for overseas military personnel to use IRV ballots.  It is obviously unconstitutional to give some voters better voting rights than everyone else.  In those states, ANYONE now has a constitutional right to request an IRV ballot!
Now we only need a voter in any of those states to file a lawsuit demanding the right to use IRV.  The court will logically rule that being allowed to use an IRV ballot is better and anyone the state must be allowed the same right, and that will be it.   A court ruling that IRV ballots are superior will make it much easier to pass IRV modernization nationwide.
  Right now, the help I am looking is any "election-methods" activists who will try to help locate anyone in any of those states who will agree to be the plaintiff against unconstitutional voting rights discrimination.   Personally, I don't offhand recall which states now allow overseas military to use IRV, and I'm not sure if I even know anyone in any of these states.Let me know if you want to try to help!_______________   in other news,  do we all know that Maine voted for statewide IRV modernization in Nov.?  Sadly, there were errors on the "question five" measure, so no telling if it will be implemented.
And I made a new online poll new poll: best reason for IRV posted here: http://www.demochoice.org/dcballot.php?poll=123gmv