[EM] TauDay & Electoral Mathematics

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at MacOSX.Com
Sun Jun 25 22:49:45 PDT 2017

	06-28 is TauDay, a day devoted to the 1 true CircleConstant (the 1st 3 digits of the decimal representation of Tau (τ) is 6.28).

	I shall tie this to Electoral Mathematics:

	An HalfTauist tried to argue that Tau (τ) is not as good as Half Tau with me. I mopped the floor with him. The only argument which held water is that τ collides with other uses of τ (unfortunately, collisions are unavoidable). Still, it might be better to choose a symbol for c/r with fewer collisions. This is how I would do it:

	#	0.	Nominate alternative symbols, which are already part of the UnicodeStandard.
	#	1.	Have a score election with values from -9 to +9, skipping over 0, thus forcing Mathematicians to come down 1 way or another.
	#	2.	Sum the votes.
	#	3.	Remove all symbols with negative totals
	#	4.	Have a ScoreVote runoff of the symbols with positive scores
	#	5.	Have the top-2 candidates have a plurality runoff
	#	6.	Have the winner go up against τ in a plurality runoff.
	#	7.	If the new symbol wins, we adopt the new symbol.