[EM] The election methods trade-off paradox/impossibility theorems paradox.

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Wed Jul 5 00:46:08 PDT 2017

No doubt you are safe in not thinking that is quite right.
An electoral system that does not get beyond majority counting, even if
it employs ranked choice, (as characterised of Arrow theorem in
Democracy and New Technology, by Iain McClean) is never going to achieve
anything like satisfactory representation. It is a hang-over of
monarchism, the notion that democracy is about winners and losers.
Democracy and science are about consensus.

Richard Lung.

--
Richard Lung.
http://www.voting.ukscientists.com