[EM] Cartoon about single-mark ballots

VoteFair ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Sat Sep 24 22:02:40 PDT 2016

On 9/23/2016 3:47 PM, Jan Kok wrote:
 > Vote Pact is for people who would prefer some other candidate over both
 > Clinton and Trump, but feel compelled to vote for the lesser evil to
 > keep the greater evil from winning. Find your opposite, then each of you
 > vote for who you really want.

Apparently I don't understand the website.  But admittedly I don't see
the importance of voting for a third-party candidate in a swing state if
the voter has a preference between Clinton and Trump.

Yes, voting for a third-party candidate is tempting for all of us.  But
it is not effective as a way to say "None of the above, start over, try
again."

Getting better ballots and better counting methods adopted is what will
solve the problem.  And making that happen in primary elections, where
the biggest corrupt results occur, is what's needed first and foremost.

That's the bigger goal of the article, to enlighten people that we are
using primitive ballots.

Part of the concept is to convey that we are not being asked for a first
choice, because that would imply we are also being asked for a second
choice.

Instead we are being asked whether we want Clinton or Trump.  Only
people in non-swing states have the luxury of voting for a third-party
candidate as a "protest" vote.

Richard Fobes