[EM] Cartoon about single-mark ballots

VoteFair ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Fri Sep 23 13:54:28 PDT 2016

With our current use of single-mark ballots, candidates (of any party)
who would be good problem-solving leaders (instead of special-interest
puppets) are rare.

If single-mark ballots were banned (which includes not using the
closed-list PR methods that dominate in Europe), there would be many
more very qualified candidates.  (The better the counting method, the
better the candidates.)

In the future, if there is still a U.S. presidential general election,
there are likely to be five or six or seven good choices on the ballot.
  Better ballots (and better counting methods) will enable the best
candidate to be chosen.  And better ballots will enable
far-better-motivated people to get into Congress, which then makes some
of those congressmen/congresswomen eligible to run for president.

The fact that there are so few better candidates (Ralph Nader, John
Anderson, John Edwards before his infidelity), and the fact that they
are spread out over so many years (with so few in current times), means
that our current method for identifying popular leaders is so very, very
flawed.

Richard Fobes