[EM] Cartoon about single-mark ballots

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Mon Sep 19 01:57:07 PDT 2016

On 09/19/2016 06:42 AM, VoteFair wrote:

> I will use the image as part of an article I'm writing that explains why
> voters in swing states should not vote for a third-party candidate.

Come to think of it, why do so few people in non-swing-states vote for
third-party candidates? It seems that if you're in a safe state, your
vote doesn't matter, and so you can vote for whoever you want for the
signal effect.

Well, that clearly doesn't work if enough voters go third party that the
state is no longer safe. But the voters should be able to use polls to
determine whether they are in a safe state.